Avast Update Problems with Windows 8.1
When users installed the latest update KB3000850, many of them reported serious new Avast update problems with Windows 8.1 along with the new and improved features of Security System.
New Features and Improvements
Defense in depth security and Secure Channel hardening.
- Reliability and performance improvements in clustered virtual machine mission critical environments.
- More language packs for Windows 8.1.
- Additional support for hardware, for example, devices that use enabled third-party disk encryption software can now be upgraded to Windows 8.1 easily.
- Enhanced Web Services for Devices (WSD) printer support during network switches.
- Extra support for additional hardware (SD card improvements, USB debugging, boot order allowance).
- More manageable
Latest Avast Update Problems
- Apps not working properly.
- PC getting non-responsive after restart.
- The PC becomes unable to boot to desktop in some cases.
- The Operating System is itself quite slow.
This issue occurred only with some Avast users, but most didn’t even have a problem following Windows 8.1 upgrade.
Solution For The Problems
- Uninstall Avast Windows 8.1
- If you cannot boot to desktop to remove Avast Security System, try boot in safe mode, which will be fine, then you can safely remove Avast from your system by running in the safe mode.
- When you have removed Avast, restart your PC and check if the problem is solved.
- If the problem is solved, don’t reinstall Avast or consider installing the new version with all the problems fixed.
If you are one of the people who is having major compatibility issues with your PC and Avast Security System, this article will surely help you with it.