Google Chrome has been received a lot of love from internet users who appreciate a friendly user interface and quick and easy navigation as well as interactive features. Google received so much fame that no other Internet browser has single handedly every received. So if there is soe issue with Google chrome, which is a rare occasion, users get worried.
We recently observed many users complaining; “Google chrome won’t open Windows 10” on the internet. We probed further into this issue and got to the roots of it. We found out that since the windows 10 fall creators Update has been put forward to users, they have been experiencing this Google chrome issue. Some people said their browser would open but shut down all of a sudden which created so much frustration among users who were in between some urgent work or assignment and the sudden shut down led them to lose precious data or had them do their work all over again.
We also heard from many users that they faced hindrance when downloading new apps on their computers because Google chrome won’t open Windows 10 and so they could not download important apps or check their mail, or carry on their usual work. Many people work from home, and this is a serious issue for them because this hinders their work a great deal. This blog will guide you on 5 ways to fix this issue in the blink of an eye. If one way doesn’t suit you, move to the other. Trust me you will not find solutions as easier as these on the whole internet.
- 1 Top 5 Ways to Solve Chrome Not Working Issue after Windows 10 Updates
- 1.1 Way 1. Fix Google Chrome Not Working Problem in Windows Safe Mode
- 1.2 Way 2. Modify the Properties of the Google Chrome Browser
- 1.3 Way 3. Add Reliable Multicast Protocol and Troubleshoot the Chrome Not Working Issue
- 1.4 Way 4. Reset Winsock Catalog Back to Default Setting to Fix the Chrome Browser Not Working
- 1.5 Way 5. Update Network Drivers on Windows 10 to Get Access to Google Chrome
- 1.6 Share this on WhatsApp:
Top 5 Ways to Solve Chrome Not Working Issue after Windows 10 Updates
Way 1. Fix Google Chrome Not Working Problem in Windows Safe Mode
Step 1. Enter the Safe Mode on Windows 10
1. Go to the Start Menu.
2. Click the Power icon.
3. Press the Shift key and click the Restart option.
4. Click the Troubleshoot.
5. Click the Advanced options.
6. Click the Startup Settings.
7. Click the Restart option.
8. Hit the F5 key to Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
Then you can log in the desktop of Windows 10 in the Safe Mode. Now, go to the Step 2.
Step 2. Clear Cache and Cookies on Google Chrome
1. Launch the Google Chrome.
2. Backup your important bookmarks or accounts.
3. Use shortcut keys Ctrl + Shift + Del.
4. Clear your Chrome browsing data, like the browsing history, the cache and the cookies.
Step 3. Turn off the Hardware Acceleration on Google Chrome
1. In the Chrome Settings page, click the menu icon on the top left side.
2. Expand the Advanced entry.
3. Select the System option.
4. Toggle the switch of the Use hardware acceleration when available to Off.
5. Click the RELAUNCH when Chrome asks you restart the browser.
Then you can boot into the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update/Creators Update/Anniversary Update to the Normal Mode. You may find your Google Chrome is available again.
Way 2. Modify the Properties of the Google Chrome Browser
1. Right-click the Chrome icon.
2. Select the Properties.
3. Choose the Compatibility tab.
4. Click the button Change settings for all users.
5. Uncheck the Run this program in compatibility mode option under the Compatibility mode.
6. Check the Run this program as an administrator under the Settings.
7. Click Apply.
8. Click OK.
9. Click OK to close the Google Chrome Properties box.
Way 3. Add Reliable Multicast Protocol and Troubleshoot the Chrome Not Working Issue
1. Use Windows shortcut keys Win + R to launch the Run.
2. Type into ncpa.cpl.
3. Hit the Enter.
4. In Network Connections, right-click the currently working network adapter for Properties.
5. Scroll down and choose the Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor Protocol.
6. Click the Install button below.
7. Highlight the Protocol option.
8. Click the Add button.
9. Highlight the Reliable Multicast Protocol.
10. Click OK.
Way 4. Reset Winsock Catalog Back to Default Setting to Fix the Chrome Browser Not Working
1. Click the Start menu.
2. Go to the W category on the app list.
3. Expand the Windows System folder.
4. Right-click the Command Prompt for More.
5. Select the Run as Administrator.
6. Type into the command line: netsh winsock reset.
7. Press the Enter.
8. Reboot the computer.
Way 5. Update Network Drivers on Windows 10 to Get Access to Google Chrome
1. Run Driver Talent and click the Scan button to detect the faulty network drivers.
2. Click the Update to download and install updatable network drivers. Or click the Repair to fix the driver problems.
3. Perform a restart to make the changes take effect.
Note: Don’t forget to backup drivers before any system changes so that you can restore system or drivers once the Windows 10 runs into other problems.