Sometimes your default search engine changes automatically and it is so frustrating. Sometimes similar thing happens with your homepage. You know why this happens? This happens because you are facing adware or pop up ads problems with Firefox and it will only be fixed if you know how to reset Firefox to default settings. This reset feature will restore your original and default Firefox settings and also help you save favorites and important bookmarks for future references. In this blog, we will guide you specifically on how to restore Firefox to default settings easily to make your life easier.
However you should note here that following settings will be affected when you reset your browser settings:
- All saved and default search engines will be restored to default search engines
- The previously set URL will be removed and the homepage button will be hidden
- All pinned tabs will be unpinned
- All previously set themes and extensions will be disabled
- All default startup tabs will disappear and only new tab will appear when you start Firefox
- New tab page will be empty unless an extension is downloaded that controls the new tab
All cookies and site data will disappear
How to reset Mozilla Firefox to default settings (Guide)
- In the upper-right corner of the Firefox window, click the Firefox menu button (), then click on the “Help” () button.
- From the Help menu, choose Troubleshooting Information.
If you’re unable to access the Help menu, type about:support in your address bar to bring up the Troubleshooting information page.
- Click the “Refresh Firefox” button in the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page.
- To continue, click on the “Refresh Firefox” button in the new confirmation window that opens.
- Firefox will close itself and will revert to its default settings. When it’s done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click on the “Finish“.